Thursday, March 10, 2011

Potty Training

All I have to say is, my kid is a rockstar. We have had a potty here for a few months just to get him used to seeing it but never pushing the issue. Recently he learned to take his diaper off, and has become a pantless wonder. Sure, seeing a little tush here and there is cute. Seeing a naked toddler all day, not so much. Particularly when it involves said tush being all over my furniture. Think of that next time you come visit :P

Anyhow, one day after he removed his diaper I went to the kitchen for a coffee refill and looked up to see him quietly playing with some cars. TOO quietly. Upon closer inspection I see him standing in a pile of something. Yep, his own poop. On my carpet. Also in between his toes. Awesome, right? So I grab the potty and scoop up the mess and show him where we go to the bathroom. Quick bath, lots of carpet scrubbing, and we move on. Since he refuses to put clothes on his bottom half, I just watch him a little more carefully. Well folks, to my shock and amazement he starts using his little potty pretty consistently. Here we are 2 weeks later and he is almost completely potty trained. We still use diapers at night/nap and when we are out and about but he is dry almost every time we return home and runs right to the potty. He gets SO excited and says, "pee pee in!" and runs to the bathroom so we can flush it and do the potty dance. I never in a million years thought potty training my stubborn boy would be such a breeze :)

And because no post is complete without the pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment